So, you’ve decided to get your car professionally detailed. Amazing, but where to start? Well, the first thing to know is that a professional detail is much more elaborate than the car wash that you’re likely used to. Professional detailers use only the highest quality products and always adhere to the latest detailing best practices. They will also spend A LOT of time meticulously getting into every nook and cranny that you can imagine. The goal is to be sure your car looks like it just rolled off the dealer lot. Seriously!
This blog post shares a brief overview of what you should expect the first time you have your car professionally detailed. Below is an overview to get you started.
What to Expect:
- Fresh water removes layers of harmful dirt, salt and chemicals
- Underbody flush rids your undercarriage of rust causing elements
- Clay bar treatment to remove additional road contaminants
- Hand washed to avoid brushes that you will find at most car washes
- Rims meticulously detailed using degreaser to remove layers of brake dust and debris
- Highest quality products and equipment
- Hand dried with a combination of compressed air and microfiber towels
- Vacuum thoroughly every inch inside, including seats, trunk.
- Use compressed air to blow out debris from hard-to-reach areas
- Carpet Shampoo and deep clean fabrics
- Wipe down all surfaces and steam clean
- Deep clean all leather or cloth seats. (using leather conditioner and protectant against drying, cracking, wear and tear)
- UV protectant on all plastic surfaces (Does not leave any kind of residue that might attract dust)
- Clean windows inside and out
One thing you will want to ask your detailer is how much time they anticipate the detailing process to take. For a standard package, expect between 4-5 hours of automobile beautification. If paint correction or machine polishing needs to be done, add another 2 hours.
Just a tad different than the drive through wash, eh! If you have any additional questions about the benefits or process around having your car detailed. Feel free to call Creative Detailing and we are happy to help however we can.